Mentoring Initiative 2017
1. Responsible for coordinating the program and liaise with the Institution (ADCI Management); Parents (is necessary); Mentor and Mentee.
- Key contact for all mentoring related issue, reports to ATT-Executives of ADCIOSA-NA
- Subject-matter expert, including registration issues, if applicable,
communicate with all stake holders
- Obtain and maintain the support of all stakeholders
2. Document and provide guideline to stakeholders; monitor and evaluate mentor/mentee relationship.
- Communicate the purpose and need for the program
- Facilitate and obtain approval for the program’s policies, rules, plan of
action and, materials
- Build lasting relationship with students at ADCI that’ll enable easy navigation of life journey.
- Share experiences that’ll prepare young people for life successes
- Provide inspiration to young people that’ll enhance their future
- Give Back – Yes, give back to ADCI.
1. The Mentee:
- Develop relationship with a former student (your mentor) volunteering time to help shape your future. (Remember he/she was once where you are).
- Be respectful to your mentor
- Discuss your idea and goals with your mentor
- Be open and honest on your goals, expectation, and concerns
- Stay accessible, committed and engaged throughout the program
- Identify common interest and give honest feedback
- Actively listen, ask questions, be inquisitive without being annoying
- Seek advise, opinion, feedback and be open to constructive criticism
- Show your good character
- Make the mentor, your parent, and the institution proud
- Make it a life long experience
- Relax and Enjoy yourself
2. The Mentor:
- Develop relationship with a young Isolarian, help shape a life
- Be respectful
- Support the organization’s mission, vision and goals
- Stay accessible, committed, and engaged throughout the program
- Listen Well, they have so much to say
- Share “lesson learned” from life experiences
- Offer encouragement through genuine positive reinforcement
- Identify common interest and help them see clearly
- Ask questions, challenge them
- Make them feel comfortable
- Let them know how lucky there are to have chosen ADCI
- Be a positive role model
- Be a source and a sounding board
- Make them proud to know you
- Make the relationship everlasting
Anticipated issues and Resolution:
- Mentor/Mentee Mismatch
- Parental involvement detrimental to the program
- Mentee insubordination
- Mentor inappropriate behavior
- Removal from the program
All issues will be referred to ATT-Executive of ADCIOSA-NA for resolution.
- ATT-Executives of ADCIOSA-NA will draft a letter to ADCI Management introducing the idea and the Program Manager by end of Spring 2017 (after notifying and soliciting inputs from membership at a general meeting).
- Submit proposal and request meeting of ADCIOSA-NA with
ADCI Management and final discussion.
- ADCI Management to provide prospective student list by Summer 2017.
- Program Manager puts program in Fall 2017
- Mentor/Mentee Checklist
- Mentor Application Form
- Mentee Application Form
- Program Evaluation Form
- Program Manager Mentor/Mentee Evaluation Sheet
- Mentor/Mentee Certification